http://www.romagnaoggi.it/spettacolo_adnkronos/2008/12/16/36502/
They seem to think so: MUSICA: PARMA, ABBADO DIRIGE LA MAHLER CHAMBER ORCHESTRA
Parma, 16 dic. - (Adnkronos/Adnkronos Cultura) - Claudio Abbado ha diretto la Mahler Chamber Orchestra e il Coro del Teatro Regio di Parma nell'incisione delle pagine che compongono "The German Album", prossima uscita discografica del tenore Jonas Kaufmann per Decca.

According to : http://www.lungoparma.com/altre_notizie/28996.html
Jonas' new CD recorded with Claudio Abbado and the Mahler Chamber Orchestra will contain:
"L’album offrirà un’originale selezione di arie del repertorio tedesco, con brani da Die Zauberflöte di Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart e Fidelio di Ludwig van Beethoven, pagine rare dalle opere di Franz Schubert Fierrabras e Alfonso und Estrella e, per finire, pagine celebri dai drammi musicali wagneriani: Die Walküre, Lohengrin e Parsifal."
Jonas' new CD recorded with Claudio Abbado and the Mahler Chamber Orchestra will contain:
"L’album offrirà un’originale selezione di arie del repertorio tedesco, con brani da Die Zauberflöte di Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart e Fidelio di Ludwig van Beethoven, pagine rare dalle opere di Franz Schubert Fierrabras e Alfonso und Estrella e, per finire, pagine celebri dai drammi musicali wagneriani: Die Walküre, Lohengrin e Parsifal."
WOW!!
Can't wait!
March 2009?
ReplyDeletemhm....wart mal ich schau in meine Kristallkugel.... hmm konnte sein ;-)))) That only Decca knows i'm afraid. But boy am i glad the Italians can't keep anything to themselves! This was a presspresentation issued by the theater in Parma, they had to show off, didn't they?? LOL I am glad they did, i was dyyyyyiiiinggggg to know!!!
ReplyDeleteGod, Hariclea, you do have a Kristallkugel ? ;) Can you see the number of the Spanish Christmas lottery ? You know, I need some money to follow the creature of the photograph.
ReplyDeleteAbout the date ...I think more on April..but I don't know why !
Exactly!!! it was April, because i told you so...that's what my cristalball said first..but i forgot :-S It's not old age...not yet, just the hot toddy and the rum in the Christmas pudding ;-)
ReplyDeleteAnd sorry, no can do about the Xmas lottery...cristal ball is set to only tell how to spend the money, not how to make it...
Oh, damn ! I don't need a cristal ball to spend my money...I manage quite well by myself...too well !
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I'm also really good at spending much money in less time ;)
ReplyDeleteDie Walküre, Lohengrin e Parsifal
ReplyDeleteFantastic, it was about time!
JA, JA, JA, JA, JA
Well, I am waiting for Trovatore, Aida and Ballo ;-)))) But i am veeeeery patient ;-)
ReplyDelete